The Fourth Article of Faith of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

"We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ: second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good bye Thanksgiving and Hello Christmas!

All the beautiful trees outside our apartment are now bare. It is getting super cold too!!
The Dessert Table

I can't believe it is already the Christmas season. We even put up a little Christmas tree in our apartment yesterday so we are all set. We continue to be so blessed on our mission. I took my damaged iPhone to the Apple Store to see if we could get it repaired and they GAVE me a new phone to replace my shattered back iPhone. (I didn't buy the insurance plan when I purchased the phone.) Then after leaving the Apple Store, we were at a stop light and a car ran into the back of our car, hitting us pretty hard. The police came. The paramedics came. The fire department came. The bad news, the guy that hit us took off. The good news, although Craig got hurt and had a lot of neck pain, within a few days he was fine and I didn't get hurt at all. Also when we got out to examine the damage to our car, we could not even find a scratch. Miracles do happen! I think we have angels watching over us.

We attended Zone Conference in Grand Rapids and had the opportunity to hear Elder Ringwood of the Seventy and his wife speak. It is the season of Thanksgiving and I especially liked this scripture Elder Ringwood quoted found in Alma 34:38 "That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you."

We hosted a Thanksgiving dinner here at the Institute for about 21 people and it was a fun day, but super busy. Our classes are going well and we continue to enjoy the young adults we serve here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I hadn't heard about the accident. Thank goodness you are okay! The kids pray for you all the time. Maybe that helped!

    ReplyDelete