The Fourth Article of Faith of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

"We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ: second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Big Day!

Saturday was an especially busy day for us, but a wonderful day full of spirituality, service, friends, and lots of fun. We met at the institute at 6:00 A.M. to head to the Detroit Temple to do baptisms for the dead. What was so amazing was all the kids that showed up at that time of day to go to the temple. I just can't say enough about how wonderful the young people are in this area. After the temple, we all had breakfast or an early lunch, at Bob's Big Boy and then back to the institute to change clothes and meet back there for the big "Helping Hands" service project. There was quite a group that showed up for this and we were all assigned to various houses to help. Our group did lots of weeding and the highlight was the bee attack. Craig still has a major swollen arm from his sting. Later that night I had the priviledge of attending the General Women's Broadcast from Salt Lake City. It was so wonderful and I took three of the young ladies with me. I love to go to this meeting with my daughters so I was happy to have these girls go with me. I especially loved the talk given by President Uchtdorf about the forget-me-nots.

All and all it was a great day and I think the best part of the day was getting to know these young people better and spending time with them.
Getting ready to go with our new "Helping Hands" t-shirts.
Jacob and Stacie
Abbey and Catherine

The menu from last week's Friday Forum





No comments:

Post a Comment